« Fun! | Main | Knitting Away »

February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone who celebrates "Love Day" (as a friend's little boy calls it), has had a beautiful one.

It surprised me when I saw I haven't written for over a month. It has been a busy month here in Doulaland. Justin's closest friend growing up had a baby. We all got to be there to celebrate new life.

I've continued with my knitting A.D.D. I have a shawl, a sock and this little cropped cardigan for Kaity on the needles. I'm enjoying the cardigan. It has an interesting lace pattern that seems to keep my attention for more than 15 minutes. I'll post pictures later.

We're enjoying the winter that FINALLY arrived last week. We had a beautiful snow. We all went out and played. Chloe's mom and dad held her on the sled. She loved it! Chloe speaks with purpose now. Each time they got to the bottom of the hill she would announce, with pure childhood glee, "I DID IT!"

Justin and Sarah celebrated their first Wedding Anniversary on the 3rd. If you know me, then you know the rest of the story.

Justin and Sarah, we are so proud of you for standing strong in the face of adversity. After having weathered stronger storms than most marriages ever face, you came out the other side more committed to your family than ever. There is nothing your love can't see you through. Hold to it tightly. Continue to treasure one another. You are an amazing couple and wonderful parents. Chloe is blessed to have been given you as hers. We're all blessed to have you in our lives.

AtLast.jpg

Posted by Angi at February 14, 2007 11:23 PM

Comments

Sarah, Justin and Chloe,
You are a lovely family.
Always keep it that way.
A good family is held together with LOVE.

I have been married to the same wonderful man for 55 years, 7 months and 13 days and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. He is my best friend and he always will be.

I hope you will be married that long or longer.

Love and Prayers, (Karen's Mom), Jolene.

Posted by: Jolene at February 15, 2007 03:20 AM

Happy Anniversary Sarah and Justin! I'm wishing you a life of togetherness filled with joy and love.

Posted by: Charleen at February 15, 2007 05:46 AM

Happy Anniversary Sarah and Justin. You have been through a very rough year but the future looks very bright for you. Justin's family is there for you and will help you through any bad times with love and support. Enjoy each other and baby Cloe! Best wishes from Harold and I in Northern Wis

Posted by: Rose at February 15, 2007 08:34 AM

Happy Anniversary Sarah and Justin. Much love and happiness to you all.

Posted by: Kathleen at February 15, 2007 08:58 AM

Happy Anniversary Justin and Sarah!!! May this and every year be filled with lots of love, friendships and blessings.

Patricia

Posted by: Patricia at February 15, 2007 11:44 AM

Patricia

Posted by: Patricia at February 15, 2007 11:44 AM

Happy Anniversary, Justin and Sarah! You made it through! Lots of people would not have.
Good luck in the future.
Anita (friend of Angi's)

Posted by: Anita at February 15, 2007 12:33 PM

Justin and Sarah,

Happy anniversary and congratulations! Nancy and I pray for you almost every night -- at least 5 times a week. May God continue to bless you.

Posted by: Mad Dawg at February 15, 2007 08:27 PM

The three of you are beautiful together, as you should rightly be. God bless you for having the strength to face adversity and remain strong until you could be together. The very happiest anniversary to you, and may this be the first of many.

Posted by: Pam at February 15, 2007 09:35 PM

Congratulations to you two. You are both very strong, mature people who have survived more than anyone should have to.
I feel as if I know you very well and I am very proud to know you.
You and Chloe make such a grand family.
Have many more very happy years together.

Love and hugs from your second mom

Posted by: Marian Gall at February 16, 2007 12:53 AM

I feel as if I know you very well and I am very proud to know you.
You and Chloe make such a grand family.
Have many more very happy years together.

Love and hugs from your second mom

Posted by: Marian Gall at February 16, 2007 12:54 AM

Dear Justin and Sarah ~

Chloe is so blessed to have you as parents. You have proven your love for her and for each other
by enduring so much to be a family. May your love continue to grow as you travel through life
together. My husband and I got married when I was only 18 years old, and I am proud to say that our marriage has lasted for 29 years. It hasn't always been easy but our love for each other has kept us together. He is my soul mate and my best friend. After all these years, we still hold hands like we did when we first started dating 33 years ago. My prayer for you is that God will continue to bless your marriage and that you have a wonderful life with your beautiful daughter.

Hugs ~ Karen Purcell

PS: I am proud to say that Jolene, who wrote the first message, is my mom. She and my dad have had a wonderful marriage and they were definitely great role models for me. I am so lucky to have them as parents.

Posted by: Karen Purcell at February 17, 2007 02:27 PM

Dear Justin, Sarah, and Chloe,
Happy Anniversary! And Congratulations for making it through Chaos. Remember life is journey and now you know how to travel through the worst of weather! Your love is strong.

I hope you have kept a journal through the last few years. Write a book!
I'd buy a copy.

Viki(friend of Angi)

Posted by: Viki at February 19, 2007 09:31 AM

Congrats,,,You two have purely shown that Your love and devotion for eachother is strong, and that you guys are going to be a family no matter what is said or done. You can see in your faces that you three are so happy together. My family and I wish your family much luck and happiness.

And Mrs.Angi you're going to have to teach me how to knit.

Posted by: Laura at March 6, 2007 04:18 PM