« When it rains.... | Main | One Skein Angel »

July 23, 2006

12 Years Ago Today

I was honored to be married to My Sweet Benny.

Our vows included the traditional "Until death do us part" stuff, but there was more. We vowed to be one another's best friend forever. I feel very blessed that we live that vow.

This anniversary finds us spending all of our time in the smallest room of our house. The recliner in here is perfect for helping Benny sleep with his arm elevated above his head. We're spending our time watching television, eating, napping, and most of all talking and enjoying each other's company!

Sometimes we disagree and argue, like most best friends. But every week day, we look forward to the end of Benny's work. With few exceptions, other than when he's there, we spend all of our time together, most of it with our kids.

I feel badly for couples who don't cherish their time together. As we ride down the road, it amazes me to see couples, some old, some not, riding along, staring ahead in slience. In restaurants, we see the same thing. It's sad. They miss the blessing sitting right beside them.

On our honeymoon we bought a tambour clock. It has become a tradition to add to our clock collection each year. This year we found an anniversary clock, made in Germany in Benny's birth year.

clock1.jpg

Happy Anniversary Benj. Forever.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Happy Birthday Sandy!

Posted by Angi at July 23, 2006 03:31 PM

Comments

Happy Anniversary!! Lovely clock. I love clocks!

Posted by: Kathleen at July 23, 2006 07:34 PM

Happy anniversary! However, don't be so quick to judge couples who enjoy sitting in silence together. My dh & I are working on our 30th year together and we have always found it a blessing to be able to "sit in the silence" together. Neither of us are "small talkers", and it's wonderful to feel like someone doesn't have to keep talking to fill the silence.

After a phone call from his sister in Pa. a few weeks ago, I asked him what was new with them. His reply, "A lot of talking and not much doing."

Sending healing prayers for Benny.

Posted by: Valerie at July 24, 2006 11:20 AM

It's very good to spend all your free time with your best friend! It is great that after 12 years of your joint life you have themes to talk about! Congratulations!

Posted by: Mike from Cyprus at July 24, 2006 11:31 AM

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!!!! Hugs to all. :)

Posted by: dee at July 24, 2006 12:08 PM

Happy Anniversary.
If you feel sorry for people who set next to each other in silence, then you would feel sorry for us. Bill is not one for making conversation, We just enjoy being next to each other and we don't need the constant conversation. As for restaurants it is about the same thing. Bill cannot talk when he eats. It makes him cough so we have to make our conversation when his mouth is empty. This is due to the laryngectomy.
But we do enjoy each other and are each other's best friend.

Hugs to you both and I love the clock.

Posted by: Marian Gall at July 25, 2006 07:52 PM