« Time Out!!! | Main | 7 X 7 »

May 04, 2006

National Day Of Prayer

Because of the pedomorphic actions of a few, I almost allowed myself to be forever robbed of the enjoyment of my blog.

On this journey with our son, our family has been slandered. We have suffered the effects of defamation of character. By taking the high road at every juncture, we have learned who our friends and foes are. We have seen an abundance of strength of character and Godliness develop in our son. And we have been blessed with a beautiful daughter-in-law and granddaughter.

In each faith there is a fixed law of reciprocity. Some call it Karma. The world says "What goes around, comes around". My faith believes in reaping what you sow. We are taking care to plant only "good seeds".

On this National Day of Prayer, I choose to do as my God asks of me and pray for those who persecute us.

Our family is experiencing tremendous growth in other facets of our lives. Our oldest son is on a new stepping stone of his ministry. He has been given the position of Direct Support Professional for a company of group homes, serving the needs of mentally and physically disabled clients. It is a challenging job, but he gets to speak life and joy into many lives. The clients seem to immediately sense his compassion. Many ask for him to do their personal care.

The littles are finishing up another school year. Kaity is still into all things American Girl. She is developing an interest in bead weaving and jewelery making.

Khi is our child of eclectic interests. For Easter he asked for a sling. To his dismay, we bought him a sling shot. He quickly explained that what he wanted was not a sling shot, but a sling, as in the days of David and Goliath.

Through a little research, we found that sling shooting is an ongoing hobby among many. There are clubs and organizations dedicated to perfecting the arts of sling making and projectile development. Now, Benny and the men in our church are planning to form their own little David Club as an alternative to Boy Scouts.

On this National Day of Prayer, may you be blessed, and may your prayers be answered.

Posted by Angi at May 4, 2006 06:28 AM

Comments

Welcome back, Angi...I'm so proud of how you have handled this situation, and know that you will be a blessing because of it. Love and prayers to you!

Posted by: Lynne at May 4, 2006 09:22 AM

Hi, Angi! Thanks for the comment! I don't know how I missed your trackback to my blog way back in November, but thanks!

I've been taking some time here to read the archives and listen to your story. While my fiance and I have nothing as major as a new baby on the way, I really REALLY appreciated reading about how supportive & loving you are of your son. I can tell you're making WONDERFUL Grandparents & (just as importantly) In-Laws.

All you can do is be act as healthily as possible in the face of insanity, right?

Posted by: Melissa at May 4, 2006 03:00 PM

Hey Angi,
Glad to have you back blogging.
I am sure your times of trials and tribulations are about over. You all have handled this so well that I am very proud to call you friends.
Many years from now, you will look back on all of this with a smile and shake of your heads.
Ernest T and Joan won't be able to hurt you any more and they will be reaping the harvest of their seeds. Not a pretty sight.

Posted by: Marian Gall at May 4, 2006 04:30 PM

That was a beautiful post, Angi. You are certainly taking the high road. I only hope that I would do the same thing.

Congratulations to DS1 for taking on such a challenge.

Posted by: Charleen at May 5, 2006 06:11 AM

Miss you. Got the picture. She is goregous! Hugs to you.

Posted by: Kathleen at May 5, 2006 07:10 AM

Saw an interesting comment on "My Space" the other day and have adopted it for my own...You may wish to do the same..."Some people say that I have an attitude. Those people are just stupid." Of course, you have to use the right inflection to drive your point home :) Hey! We want more pics! We want more pics!! Hint.Hint. Remember the plaques all over CNAVRES..."Why fly with the Turkeys when you can soar with the Eagles." Hugs to you and yours. love, dee

Posted by: dee at May 8, 2006 10:15 AM

Big Word/I'm impressed :) (Found on intergalacticelvis's site)

Learn more obscure words to make people feel stupid.
Word for the day: — (Posted 40 weeks ago)
Pedomorphic

Meaning: childish, immature

Example: Rosanne Barr’s pedomorphic rendition of the National Anthem was offensive.

Posted by: dee at May 8, 2006 10:20 AM

Hi Angi- it was great to hear from you again. I'm so sorry that you've had a rough time with people on your blog. I just don't understand why people think it's okay to attack someone they don't know! Strange....and sad.

Congrats on your new grandbaby. What a wonderful gift!

Posted by: Annie at May 8, 2006 05:02 PM