« A new baby! | Main | Education »

May 20, 2006

Happy Birthday Justin!

JB5mo.jpg

Wow! You're 18 today!

I named you after Uncle Justin because he was the most Gracious man I knew. The name Justin means "Full of Justice". Like Uncle Justin, you have truly become your name.

This has been the most difficult year of your life, when it should have been the most joyful. You have looked evil and heartache in the eye and taken the high road, when succumbing to malevolence may have been justified by someone your age. And still, you press forward, doing what is right, for the sake of your family.

Your Uncle Justin would be proud of the way you honor his name.
I am proud of the man you have become, and honored to be your mother.

Posted by Angi at May 20, 2006 11:22 AM

Comments

Happy Birthday, Justin! Here's hoping the year brings nothing but joy.

Angi, I can see why you are so proud of him, as I know he is of you. Congratulations for raising such a wonderful young man.

Posted by: Charleen at May 21, 2006 01:10 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It just seems like yesterday that your Mom called me to tell me the news...Wait a minute...It WAS yesterday. For some reason time is going by too quickly...You've come a long way, with this year being the most difficult (and joyful), may God be with you as you and Sarah continue your journey. Have a joyous and peaceful Birthday.

Posted by: dee at May 21, 2006 01:32 PM

Angi, I am going to assume that since you posted this, that you are at home :/ :)

Posted by: dee at May 21, 2006 01:34 PM

Justin, I am proud to know you. You have handled yourself so well over this past year. This next year will be so much better. All of this mess will be over and you and your family will be able to begin a happy and productive life.

Posted by: Marian Gall at May 21, 2006 11:17 PM

Happy Birthday Justin!

Posted by: Kathleen at May 22, 2006 07:34 AM

So beautiful words your mother has addressed you...

Posted by: Xenya from Dubai at May 22, 2006 10:52 AM

Well Justin, it has been a very trying year and you have in fact done better than anyone else I've known who were in similar situations, but to a much lesser degree. This is being posted late for several reason, (1) I did not remember your mother has a "BLOG" what ever that is, and (2) it's easier to pick up the phone!! Your second name "Howard" is also from your uncle. He too is a very righteous man who guided me in my younger years. He is very dedicated to his family and is looked up to by his children with respect and admiration. It seems that you too are dedicated to your family and I’m sure you will be respected and admired by your children. Your quite the young man now, much more that I would have ever expected. You now have a beautiful child and a beautiful wife and with a very short passing of time, you all will be together as a family, as it should be. God is looking out for you and yours and I hope you will give him the honor and phrase for it

Posted by: George at May 29, 2006 02:04 PM