« Purgatory of the Adopted | Main | Time Out!!! »

February 04, 2006

ITS OFFICIAL!!!!!

Through much pain and opposition, Justin and Sarah have battled their way to victory!

They made their way to a judge in Georgia, who granted their request for marriage.

On February 3, 2006, they officially became a family!

Now their precious baby girl will be born into an intact family. She has a mother and father who would stop at nothing to give her what they believe she deserves!

Congratulations and Blessings on all three of you!

Posted by Angi at February 4, 2006 03:41 PM

Comments

Congratulations!! What happy news!

Posted by: Kathleen at February 4, 2006 04:40 PM

Congratulations to all! I know how happy you must be. Did the other family see the light or did Justin and Sarah take matters into their own hands and go on their own?

Posted by: Charleen at February 4, 2006 09:40 PM

Please give my congrats to Justin and Sarah. May their marriage last forever and the blessings many, Rose

Posted by: Rose at February 5, 2006 08:24 PM

Give the two my best. Keep me posted.

Bob

Posted by: Bob at February 5, 2006 08:39 PM

Congratulations!
Best wishes for your future!

Viki

Posted by: Viki at February 5, 2006 10:11 PM

I am so happy for the new family. They can be very proud of themselves for the way they handled this whole thing. I am sure it was really hard and scary to do. They both showed maturity far beyond their years.
Things will work out as God planned them no matter how many obstacles are put in their way.

Love to you all, including you Angi and Benny.

Justin can be Justin Gall any time he wants to be.

Posted by: Marian Gall at February 5, 2006 11:48 PM

Uh - Oh! They went and done committed Matrimony? NOW they're in trouble!

Seriously, Nancy and I will keep them in our prayers for a while yet. This has got to be an incredibly stressful time for them. Marriage is a big change, and so is the arrival of a rug-rat.

But it makes me feel good that they have the resolve ,the nerve, and the commitment to each other and to the little one to enter into this covenenat with each other. May God hold them up, strengthen them, lead them into deeper wisdom daily, and give them peace, and may their marriage be a sign to them, their child, and to us of the Love which moves all creation.

Posted by: Mad Dawg at February 6, 2006 06:09 AM

I can't believe that everyone is so...........happy about 2 teens running off and defying their parents to get married. If they were "adults" and making good decisions, they would have stayed here and worked it out with the parents. Causing great distress and grief to those who love and charish them is not a grown up act, nor is running from their problems. I hope they will return and make amends to all involved.

Posted by: Mary at February 6, 2006 08:25 AM

I noticed a couple of days ago that there were other comments that were questioning the judgment of not only the kids, but those who aided them in their quest to be married. What happened to those comments? Were they erased because you didn't want to hear the truth? Were they deleted because they did not conform to your ideal of life and how these teens were to act. I guess Justin was supposed to "be a man" and run from his problems instead of facing them. What kind of life lesson are they learning from this? It's all very sad.

Posted by: Mary at February 6, 2006 08:29 AM

Mary, you're missing the point. There's a baby on the way. A baby that Justin is responsible for. He's doing everything that he can to take care of that baby and her mother. Would you rather he did what most teen-aged boys do and said "not my problem"? He wasn't running from his problems. He just had to go a little farther in order to be able to stand up in front of a JUDGE so that they could be married without her parents written consent. That takes guts.
And isn't it better for all involved to love the child (and the teens - who now need support, not incessant castigation) than to keep telling them what they've done wrong? They know. Now it's time to say okay, this is what we've got, let's go from here. Look on this baby as the miracle she is - as *all* babies are. Let her be born in love and beauty.
Angi - congratulations.

Posted by: Carole at February 6, 2006 09:10 AM

The comments by the above Mary were not made by Mary Pratt

Posted by: Mary Pratt at February 6, 2006 09:23 AM

Oh, Angi--what a relief and a happy thing that the kids were able to get married and can now make their own decisions instead of having others make the decisions for them. I was so afraid that her parents were going to force decisions on the kids that they would have resented for the rest of their lives. You and Benny and the rest of your family have been in my prayers, and I am so glad that things have taken a turn for the better. And now my prayers will continue for a strong, healthy, happy granddaughter, and for a long, stable, peaceful and happy marriage for the newlyweds. And congratulations on your new daughter! Hugs and love. --Annie

Posted by: Annie at February 6, 2006 10:58 AM

Yippee! Congrats to the happy couple (and soon to be parents!) AND to the happy grandparents to be!

May their life together be very blessed!

--Verna

Posted by: Verna at February 6, 2006 02:04 PM

I wish them all the best in their life together.

Posted by: Elizabeth at February 6, 2006 03:03 PM

Many, many blessings on the newly married couple. If there's anything we out here in blogland can do, let us know. I am sending positive thoughts and prayers in the direction of all of you.

Posted by: Abby at February 6, 2006 06:57 PM

Angi, I was going to post a comment to your "Time Out" message, but couldn't figure out how to do it.

Thanks for making it clear that the other Mary isn't this Mary.

I'm very sorry to see that some people have used your blog to make unpleasant comments about your son's marriage.

What's done is done. The road ahead for them will be difficult enough. So best wishes to them.

Mary