« Coming up for air | Main | Purgatory of the Adopted »

January 13, 2006

It's a Girl!!!!

Here is an ultrasound picture, taken on the day Justin and Sarah found out they are having a beautiful baby girl!
thumb (2).jpgShe is due April 23. I was happy to see her sucking her thumb. It means she already has a strong sucking instinct. Feeding should be a breeze.

I have neglected my blog because, with the above exception, the only things I could think of to write were filled with horrible pain and saddness. The baby is perfect in every way. Justin and Sarah are as crazy about each other as ever. But the vehement storm from hell I wrote about previously, is still being unleashed on them.

I wish I had had a camera available to record the love on the faces of her parents, at the wonderful news of our Granddaughter's gender. When they came to tell Benny and me, love radiated about them. It is beyond our comprehension why anyone would want to interfere with a blessing and gift so pure as this.

In other news, I've become enamored with Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket. One of our guild members was knitting one at our holiday party. She has graciously been answering my questions ever since. It knits up to look like nothing at all.
blob.jpg
But with just a quick fold you have a lovely little Granddaughter sweater!
ezbsj.jpg
Tomorrow I'll weave in the ends and find the perfect little buttons.

It seems that every January I get in a weaving mood. I see my weaving friends have been weaving this month. I'm spinning silk for a warp for the dedication blanket. The weft is 1 ply silk, 1 ply cashmere and has been spun.

Posted by Angi at January 13, 2006 09:27 PM

Comments

I'm sorry to hear that it's still going on. The Baby Surprise is really cute. I've always wanted to make one, but have never gotten around to it.

How cool that you are spinning the yarn and weaving the blanket. I haven't attempted spinning warp yet.

Posted by: Charleen at January 13, 2006 10:25 PM

Congrats on the beautiful baby girl. I am sorry for what the parents are going through. At some point, I hope they put their own feelings aside and think about what is important. NOW!! Love the jacket. I found some fab yarn in the stash, from my mom, that will make a lovely one.

Posted by: Kathleen at January 15, 2006 05:44 PM

You did a lovely job on that sweater! Wasn't it easy? I knew that you could do it!

This should give you courage to make some a little bigger. Did I tell you that there is an ADULT surprise jacket?

Posted by: Judy at January 16, 2006 11:23 PM

NPR did a story yesterday on teen mothers and featured one woman, who went on to get a master's degree and was STILL facing scorn etc. well into her 30s. Seems we should be helping these girls rather than persecuting them. As for the baby surprise -- looks great. I never could get the neck opening of mine to be the right size.

Posted by: Carolyn at January 18, 2006 06:32 AM

Hi Angi,
I'm working on a baby surprise jacket right now. I'm right at the 94 stitches row where I'll decrease for the last time. Which time of M1 did you use?

P.S. Hope your Slidell clan is OK.

Thanks,
Lauren

Posted by: Lauren at January 19, 2006 03:54 PM

Hi Angi,
Aack. I think I just lost my original post. I just happen to be doing this pattern right now- I'm right at the 94 stitches and will decrease for the last time soon. What type of M1 did you use?

'hope your Slidell clan is OK, and congrats on the up and coming granddaughter.

Best,
Lauren

Posted by: Lauren at January 19, 2006 03:56 PM

Congratulations on your new grandbaby! That is such a clear, beautiful picture.

Posted by: Ahavah at January 26, 2006 01:21 PM