« November 2005 | Main | January 2006 »

December 21, 2005

Coming up for air

The last few days have been a whirlwind of celebrations and circus shows.

I got the most wonderful gift in the mail from my friend Marian.
mariangift.jpg
Too bad she won't make a blog because she's one of my most interesting friends. Along with all of the usual fiber activities, she makes these wonderful lotions and soaps. It all smells so wonderful!

Here is our resident Santa goofing around after Saturday's show.
MrMrsC (2).jpg
We've tried to convince Khi that his brother is really the Mid West Santa. That's why we try to get them all to go to bed early on Christmas Eve. He's not buying it.

At the show, I got to see my grandbaby's mommy for the first time since they let her come home. As a doula, I've seen my share of pregnant women. She's BEATUIFUL! I'd share a picture of them but I don't have her ok. Justin is crazy in love with her.

Some of my Christmas gifts will turn into New Year's gifts. I'm tired of stressing. Tomorrow, Benny will begin an 11 1/2 day vacation! Somehow we ended up with 4 vacation days on the books. So now we get a wonderful Christmas blessing!

December 15, 2005

Birthday Greetings

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes!

This e-mail greeting just arrived from a friend!

WHEN I'M 100, IF I LEAN A LITTLE ... LET ME !

The family wheeled Grandma out on the lawn, in her wheelchair, where
the activities for her 100th birthday were taking place. Grandma
couldn't speak very well, but she could write notes when she needed to communicate.

After a short time out on the lawn, Grandma started leaning off to the right, so some family members grabbed her, straightened her up, and stuffed pillows on her right.

A short time later, she started leaning off to her left,
so again the family grabbed her and stuffed pillows on her left.

Soon she started leaning forward, so the family members again grabbed
her, then tied a pillowcase around her waist to hold her up

A nephew who arrived late came up to Grandma and said, "Hi, Grandma, you're looking good! How are they treating you?"

Grandma took out her little notepad and slowly wrote a note to the nephew...

"They won't let me fart."

My Birthday

It is now officially my 44th birthday. As has become our family tradition, I was gifted by my family at midnight.
midnightgifts.jpg
The eating candy is from my daughter. It's our favorite Austrian Milk Chocolate with almonds. We dove into it right away.

The spinning candy is 12 ounces of shimmery Tussah Silk Combed Top. My sweet Benny calls Rose for most of my gift occasions. Good Man huh?

The silk will become the warp for my grandbaby's silk and cashmere blanket.

This is also the second anniversary of my blog. My man child gave me the blog over on Spatterdash as a gift that year. Mary was our host on Spatterdash. She taught him many things, and is still helpful when we need to learn something new. He still calms me and solves the problems, when I'm screaming because I screwed something up on here. Thanks J.

December 11, 2005

White Trash Christmas

This would be funnier if I didn't recognize so many of the characters!

If you're on dial up the download time is worth the wait!

Cheesy Puffs

Have you seen the new issue of Knitty?

Lately (IMNSHO) many of the patterns there have been written mostly for the (to quote Carolyn) "mindless boobless 20 somethings".

In this Winter issue though, there is a men's pullover called Cheesy Puffs that caught my eye. I've been wanting to knit something different. I can think of no one I'd rather knit my first 2006 project for than my sweet Benny. 12 years later, he still shows me how much he appreciates everything I do for him, as when our relationship was brand new.

He likes the pattern and the color. We ordered some Gjestal Norwegian wool in Deep Gold
cheesypuffs.jpg
It's almost an unspun roving that's a bit felted. Benny really likes it. I'll show the finished product, hopefully by the end of January.

December 07, 2005

Christmas Knitting

I'm knitting away on gifts for those near and dear. Someone on Sheepthrills showed a picture of this Willy Warmer Anyone know where to find the pattern?

Couldn't you just see the looks on the men in my house faces on Christmas Morning?

It would be worth every minute of the closet knitting I'd have to do, so they wouldn't see!

December 04, 2005

Christmas Show

The Circus Christmas performances have begun. I didn't get to see them this week end. Khi is having his weather change fever.

The script this year is an original story about when Santa first decided he wanted to give a toy to every little girl and boy.

Kaity plays in the elf routine. It's choreographed to Sandy Patti's "The Gift Goes On".
elf.jpg

Jonathan is Santa.
santa.jpg
Among his routines is a pretty fun adagio to "Santa Baby"with Mrs. Claus.