« June 2005 | Main | August 2005 »

July 28, 2005

There's No Place Like Home

I've been at the hospital for the past few days and nights with my mom. She had a mini stroke.

I got most of the back of Kaity's sweater finished. I really like the design, the way the cables curve toward the shoulders.
back.JPG
My mom is much better. We're both very happy to be home!

July 23, 2005

11 Years!

On July 23, 1994 I was blessed to marry my sweet Benny.

Rosie O'Donnell once compared the moment she first held her son, to that moment in the Wizard of Oz, when it changes from black and white to color. You don't realize you're watching black and white, until you're thrust into full color.

That's how my life was before and upon meeting Benny. The shades of grey burst into rich vibrant color that I hadn't even realized were possible, let alone missing.

Our walk so far has been on a path of blessings, with a few detours of difficult days. We're living the life so many only long for ~ with someone to love, who loves you right back.

I love you Benj.

Forever.

July 20, 2005

Knitting Tip of the Day

So I was talking with my friend in Arizona a while back about knitting. We both find weaving in the ends of the yarn to be tedious and boring.

She had come across a new to her way to end one skein and begin the next, called a Russian Join.

I tried it last night on Kaity's sweater. It's terrific! It is really strong, virtually unnoticeable, and when the sweater is complete there will be No Ends to Weave!!!!

July 17, 2005

Caitlin for Kaitlyn

I've begun Kaity's fall sweater for this year. It's Caitlyn from Debbie Bliss' Junior Knits.

The yarn is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes, "Mist"

Kaityfall.JPG

The yarn was sent by mistake, enclosed in a sock yarn order, last spring. I called to inform Knit Picks of their error and to ask for a return shipping lable. Kaity heard what I was doing, and asked me to keep it for a sweater for her. So instead of returning it, I paid for it and ordered more. Oh well! My daughter is happy! She particularly likes the fact, though misspelled, the pattern bears her name

I prefer to knit sweaters in the round. I really dislike sewing pieces together in the end. But this will be the second Kaity sweater this year to be knit flat. UGH! Good thing she's so cute!

July 16, 2005

Wedding Season

The wedding season is in full swing here in Southern Ohio.

My man child's friend got married today. He was an usher/groomsman.
Usher.jpg

It's interesting to me to see the various traditions among people of different geographic regions and religions. This wedding and reception were held in the church where I spent my childhood. The building was like an old friend. I've been gone from there for so long. It was odd to feel so at home, yet to be a guest at the same time.

July 07, 2005

WOW!!!

I can't believe how fast this happened! Tonight while I knit with Sarah and her mom, Mary put this site together for me. I don't have the words to thank her properly. Mary may kindness and prosperity chase you down and may your puppies always come in first place!

July 05, 2005

Ch Ch Ch Changes!

It looks like changes are coming for Spinningdoula. Soon my blog will be at spinningdoula.com

The lovely Mary who has been the spatterdash host is going to help. Thank GOD! I used to laugh and say I was only about "Computer 3rd grade"! I've come to realize, I may not even be that high!

In fiber news...
Khi tagged along with Benny and me to my last guild meeting. One of the members gave him a CD spindle and lesson.
lesson.JPG
His first skein!
firstskein.JPG

Since the guild meeting was on the same night as my first final cake was due, I made a lamb cake. I went to cake decorating class and then on to share it with my guild friends.
lamb.JPG
It turned out looking like Lambchop. I originally put blue eyes on it, but they stuck out beyond the black lines, making him look like a lamb with a thyriod condition. Kaity made the coconut grass for me!

July 01, 2005

How'd They Do That?

Your Birthdate: December 15
With a birthday on the 15th of any month, you are apt to have really strong attachments to home, family and domestic scene.

The 1 and 5 equaling 6, provide the sort of energy that makes you an excellent parent or teacher.

You are very responsible and capable.

This is an attractive and an attracting influence.

You like harmony in your environment and strive to maintain it.

You tend to learn by observation rather than study and research.

You may like to cook, but you probably don't follow recipes.

This number shows artistic leanings and would certainly support an talents that may be otherwise in your makeup.

You're a very generous and giving person, but perhaps a bit stubborn in ways.

What Does Your Birth Date Mean?