« February 2005 | Main | April 2005 »

March 31, 2005

Going Batty

I blended a handful of this
natural.JPG
with a pinch of this
indigo.JPG
and got this
batt.JPG

I recently found out that one of my cousin's son is having a baby boy. The batt will become a pair of booties.

Speaking of booties, look at these amazing socks I got from my Socka-PAL-ooza pal!
paloozas.JPG
The picture doesn't do them justice. They're super soft merino in all of my favorite colors, with beads knit into the top!

She didn't just send me socks either. This is what I received!
gift.JPG
The box contained the socks, a ball of yarn for a matching pair for Kaity, beads for Kaity's socks, some tea, and the most beautiful stitch markers I've ever owned! She made them herself!
marker.JPG

Socka-PAL-ooza was a mixed blessing for me. Most of my socks come in a bag from Walmart, with 5 more pairs just like them. So this gift I received was awesome.

I put in a considerable amount of time and effort, spinning and knitting, for the person I was assigned to gift. I made sure I got them in the mail on the assigned day. I sent them priority with delivery confirmation.

The USPS website noted they tried, but were unable to deliver the package. I wrote the person explaining that I had been her sock pal. I thought maybe she should know what the delivery notice was for, in this age of anthrax. She wrote back that she had not received the notice. I followed with an e-mail giving her the delivery confirmation number.

She wrote back a week or so later. Neither the delivery notice nor the package had arrived. I wrote giving her the address I had for her, and again the confirmation number. She said the address was correct. She would go to the Post Office the next day to retrive the package.

Monday, in the mail, I got the socks back. They had never been called for.

March 18, 2005

Finally

The end of a very long week
goodnight.JPG
G'night.

March 15, 2005

socka-PAL-ooza

HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!!!

The socks are now Priority Mailing their way to the Volunteer State. I hope my sock pal likes them! She should receive them Thursday or Friday.

March 13, 2005

Fun little test

Katyknits shared this test. I was surprised by my results.

English Genius
You scored 86% Beginner, 93% Intermediate, 87% Advanced, and 83% Expert!
You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go!

Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!

Link: The Commonly Confused Words Test written by shortredhead78 on Ok Cupid

March 09, 2005

Happy Day!

It doesn't take much to make us happy!

Last night my most wonderful husband assembled a new SELF CLEANING litter box for our cats!

This is the most wonderful invention! No more litter box detail! No more cat shit under Benny's desk, as punishment because we didn't clean the litter box quickly enough.

Yes, it is indeed a Happy Day at Casa De Doula!!!

We just hope the dog doesn't become depressed, due to lack of litter box treats.

March 07, 2005

Khi's big day

The Spring Fling continued on Saturday. Khi's aerial feat was "Skin the Cat and Come Back". He performed like a pro!
SkinTheCat.JPG

I was having a horrible, cranky, no good day. To top it off, it was my turn to serve punch and 15 dozen cookies to all the performers and their guests. Just the thought of it completly overwhelmed me.

As I've said before, I'm married to the most kind and loving man on the planet. He saw that I was struggling and immediately went into action. He and Kaity set the table.
helping.JPG
He encouraged me to relax and enjoy the show!

March 04, 2005

Spring Fling

This week-end finds us at the Circus studio for the little's spring performances. We have "Spring Fling" to showcase the younger student's aerial talents.

The big show in June is held in an Elementary School gym. The ceilings are very high, making all the aerial routines much too high to be safe for the littles.

Tonight was Kaity's night. She performed on the rings.
HalfAngel (2).JPG
It amazes me how strong she has become.
lever (2).JPG

Tomorrow is Khi's night. He has an ear infection. We hope he can participate.

March 01, 2005

Socks

My socka-PAL-ooza's are finished.
Socks (2).JPG

With 2 weeks left to mail them, this is a personal victory for me. I rarely finish things early. Now I just have to find a post card from my town to include in the package.