« January 2005 | Main | March 2005 »

February 26, 2005

The Baby Hat

Is finished!
pinkhat (2).JPG

I haven't trimmed the ribbon yet. I still want to wash the hat in baby detergent, to give it that wonderful scent. I got the flannel fabric it's laying on for the Mommy. I'm going to make her a 45" long rice tube. She can heat it and wrap it around all the achy parts of the 9th month.

I also finished the socka-PAL-ooza socks. I'll show them on Tuesday. Tuesday seems to be "Exchange Show and Tell" day.

February 22, 2005

Kitty Cousins

On Thursday Mary treated us to a picture of Miss Frances.

As I was reading, Kaity pointed out that Miss Frances and our cat Pretty could be related. She wanted me to show you.
KittyCuz.jpg

February 21, 2005

Thisby

This past week-end found the doula family at the Southern Ohio Museum, enjoying a production of "Shakespeare To Go".

The play was performed by the New World Muesum Players. My man child played the part of Maxwell, the arrogant Stage Manager of the troupe.

Various Shakespearean acts were performed amidst hillarious exchanges between the players. As they were about to begin "A Midsummer Night's Dream", the other cast members surrounded Maxwell. In a struggle of physical comedy, they transformed him into their own version of Thisby!
Thisby (2).JPG
He owned the audience with this act!

February 17, 2005

My Daughter

My daughter's voice is almost always like music in my ears. But a minute ago it was even sweeter.

When offered a piece of chocolate cake she responded, " Ok. Just let me finish this row."

Pink!

I've finished spinning the cashmere and silk yarn for the baby hat. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. I plan to use this pattern, with a wider satin ribbon.
pink (2).JPG
Our lovely hand model is also the most wonderful husband alive! That makes me the most blessed wife alive! Cool beans!

February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day!

valentine.JPG

February 11, 2005

Special Day!

Today is the 11th anniversary of Benny's and my first date! We're going to dinner. We'll reminisce and remind each other of how blessed we are.

February 10, 2005

He needs a name!

*UPDATE*
His name is GIZMO

Last night, Justin got a little 10 week old ferret.
Justinsfriend (2).JPG
I was kind of afraid of him. I held him this morning. I'm not quite as freaked out now.

Last night, after he played with the kids and explored his new cage for a bit, he curled up in Benny's arms and went to sleep.Bennysfriend (2).JPG

He's a descented, neutered male. The book says he will be the size of a house cat. He needs a name. Any suggestions?

February 09, 2005

Like Mother Like Daughter

kaitknit.JPG
Last week, Mary Beth wrote about her young daughter knitting scarves with 2 strands Paton's Divine. I showed the picture to Kaity. On Friday, she asked her dad to take us to the craft store in West Virginia, so she could get some too. She chose a medium blue/white and a mix of pink/peach/orange declaring, "It's very tropical". She's moving right along on size 17 needles.

I'm so happy my daughter is beginning to enjoy fiber arts! I envision us knitting together for her children.

February 07, 2005

Paws that brought me Pause

I just came across something that, had it not been so fascinating to me, would have really pissed me off.

Kaity left her milk on a little table by the chair she had been sitting in. Her cat Pretty decided to help herself. Pretty's head won't fit into the cup. So she dipped her front paw into the milk and then licked the milk from the paw.

Azalea seems to be waiting for her turn.
milk.JPG She didn't get one.

February 05, 2005

pink silk and sunshine

pinksilk.JPG

We're having a warm up here on the Ohio River. I love to schlep the Traveller out to the front porch swing, and spin when it's not too hot and not too cold.

The doctors who are helping me establish myself as a Doula are having a baby girl in April. I'm spinning yarn to knit a special hat to put on her, after her first bath. I hate those nylon ribbing things they put on newborn's heads. The yarn will be 1 ply of pink silk and 1 ply of creamy cashmere.