« Almost A Sweater! | Main | Buzzards, Bats, Bumblebees and People »

April 07, 2004

I'm Baaaack

What a very odd month March turned out to be. I haven't had the time, energy, or even desire to post to my blog.

My neighbor Maria died on March 25. Her niece, my husband, and I were with her. It was so strange for me. Two weeks before her death, Maria was just the odd little lady that lived next door. We didn't know her. I was surprised when her niece called me from the hospital saying she wanted me to come there.

Over the next 2 weeks, Maria became someone Benny and I love. We wish we had been able to know her longer, but her distrust of others kept her isolated, the last few years of her life. We all have many parts to play in life. I guess our part with Maria was to let her know that though she was dying, someone wanted her to live.

On March 23, Benny had an accident at work that resulted in a broken wrist. It's really painful but we're lucky his hand wasn't severed from his arm.

Now we're in April! I'm choosing to look forward instead of back. I have a couple of prospective clients. I'm going to an exciting doula conference in May. And I finally finished knitting Kaity's Spring sweater!!! I only need to sew on the zipper. I'll take a picture tomorrow. I look forward to getting back to reading everyone's blogs on a regular basis. I'm looking for inspiration for my next knitting project.

Posted by Angi at April 7, 2004 11:50 PM

Comments

Wow. Welcome back, sorry to read that you have had such a tramatic month. Here's to a happier April.

Posted by: Amber at April 8, 2004 12:34 AM

So glad you're back! I've missed your voice in the time you were "away".

Sorry to hear about your bad month. Hopefully things are looking up for you!

Posted by: Annie at April 8, 2004 01:36 PM

I echo the happiness in your return.

I am so sorry to hear about your neighbors death. But how fortunate for her that you were there to help her to go. What a remarkable gift you have.

I am glad Benny is on the mend. I hope he continues to feel better. The conference sounds neat. And most definately looking forward to Kaity's sweater. What's next on the agenda?

Posted by: Kathleen at April 8, 2004 04:20 PM

Angi, I like your idea that we have many parts to play in our lives. This is a good way to put sadness in perspective. I'll join in with Amber wishing you a better time ahead.

Posted by: Sharon at April 8, 2004 05:03 PM

Glad to hear you guys are ok. I was going to drop you a line and ask how Benny is doing. Happy Easter!

Posted by: Carolyn at April 9, 2004 05:34 AM

I hope Benny's wrist heals quickly. Have fun at that conference. You deserve it!

Posted by: Charleen at April 9, 2004 11:33 PM